Doesn’t this look delicious?
This week, we wanted to share a recipe including the super food that has become popular worldwide, Açai! The açai berry is a small, round, purple fruit that is collected from the açai palm tree. It contains many anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins along with fibre, and omega-6 and omega-9! Not to mention it is gluten, dairy free and 100% vegan friendly. It is most popularly served in the form of an Açai bowl, which is why we wanted to share our wonderful recipe with all of you.
The first point we would like to stress is that the Açai bowl can be catered to meet your needs. Feel free to experiment with different fruits, granolas, and toppings until you have found the perfect recipe for you!
Makes 1 açai bowl
– ½ cup Açai (You can buy this at your local health food store, Sambazon is huge maker of it in the US, and Amazon Power in Australia)
– ½ cup Almond milk/Coconut milk/juice (this option is up to you)
– 1 cup Frozen fruit (We freeze fresh blueberries and bananas from our local farmers market. Our other recommendation would be to buy organic frozen fruit.)
– Fresh fruit
- Add açai, frozen fruit, and almond milk to blender. Hint: Since you are making a bowl, not a smoothie, you want it to be a bit thicker. Use your best judgment when adding the milk/juice until you find the perfect consistency that works for you.
- Put açai puree in a bowl, and add your fruit, granola, and other toppings.
With a recipe this easy, you have no excuse not to add it to your daily routine. If you want to add a little extra health benefit to your bowl you can add chia seeds, spirulina powder, or even protein powder!